Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Equipment and Joys of Riding

As we were riding along the Carson River on our heavy bikes pulling us downhill, I again realized the benefits of seeing the country by bike.  The morning meadow smells and the sound of the river.  These were contrasted with the later ride section along Highway 50 among the heat and sound of truck and cars.

As I was pulling loaded bike up to Virginia City and trying to catch up to Pat and Jim I thought of everything that was in my panniers and what could I get rid of for the cross country ride.  Jim and I saw a women rider in Jacks Valley pulling a trailer and having front panniers that are bigger than my rear panniers.  My thoughts were how strong she is and how can I get to Virginia City.

I suggest that others thinking of a long ride do the shake down rides because you learn a lot and learn that pacing will be the key to keep going for the long days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment